Friday, July 04, 2014

Colours for July

It doesn't seem any time at all since we were in the depths of Winter and wishing for warmer weather!  Now, here we are at the beginning of July - effectively in the second half of the month....it's all downhill to you-know-what <>
No! get out of my head, you bad Cword Fairy!

The sun is shining, there's tennis at Wimbledon and the freezer is stocked with ice cream.  We have a new Dyson "Air Multiplier" tower fan to keep us cool - we are ready for summer.

Beckie's July Colour Combo for the Daring Cardmakers is a reminder of early summer mornings, the dew on the grass, a bit of haze and a hint of brightness. Lovely greens, yellows and neutral shades.
Here's what, after a lot of paper shuffling, I came up with

 This is Beckie's inspiration photo

It took about four tries to figure out how to use the colours - various ideas popped into my head, but came to nothing when I tried to make a card - consequently there's a mass of mess on my desk!.  I don't really know why, but this seems to be the story of my crafting over the last few weeks - ideas coming, but putting them into practise is another story.  I'm hoping that things will get better soon - preferably before I forget all these ideas I've had!
 I'm taking a bit of time out just to play with all my lovely stash, have some fun and see what happens.  Maybe I'll even finish some of the half-done projects that are lying in boxes


Materials and Tools
Various Bazzill and Core'dinations cardstock
Pearls, Dewdrops, 2x green Gelatos for coloured areas of background,
Gold Ice Stickles
Beige flower made with torn and crumpled circles 
PC generated sentiment 
Chevron pattern embossing folder by Crafters Companion
Dies:
Small Peony; Cherry Blossom (Spellbinders)
Other yellow flower;  Carnation Creations (Spellbinders)
Die'Sire Leaf stem (on left of arrangement)  by Crafters Companion
 Leaf swirl stem on right of arrangement by
Spellbinders
Leaves under the peony by Marion Smith

 Do pop along and see the DCM blog this week - it looks a real treat with so many different styles of card all linked by this pretty colour scheme!

Thanks for popping by. please leave a message, it would be great to hear from you


3 comments:

Angelnorth said...

Well done you - they're not obvious floral colours but you've made it work really well for a really fresh and pretty card!

Kaz said...

This is beautiful. I love the colours xxx

Leigh said...

Such a pretty card, love the way it all comes together. :)