Thursday, February 28, 2013

Better Late than Never

I've just realised that I forgot to blog the card I made for The Sketch File last week.  T to share so please pop over and have a look through the things we've been making and sharing over Februrary.
The sketch was perfect to use alongside an image and papers from Funky Hand.  This little fairy house is one of a series Anice is busy creating - isn't it cute?  The papers are all from trhe latest download collection "Just For Jen". - I love that there are soft and bright pinks and that the grey and white colours they are teamed with are soooo stylish!
I really can't colour in by hand so I've been practising my digital colouring skills - I think I'm getting better at giving some shade and colour depth so that the various areas aren't just flood-filled with a single "flat" colour - what do you think?

I turned the sketch upside down to make my card


Materials and Tools
Sketch from The Sketch File
All papers and Image Funky Hand
Flowers: some cut from one of the paper designs, for other's I've used the flower shape as a template to cut some from scraps of different papers
Lace, pearls and gems from Creative Treasures
Dies: Spellbinders; Lacy Scallop Circles, Plain Circles
Sentiment; made with decal paper from Crafty Computer Paper

Did you know that twice a week the members of the Funky Hand Design Team take turns to add some new inspiration to the "Get Funky and Craft" blog?  It used to be about challenges, but now it's all about sharing the things we make using Funky Hand products - it would be great if you would add the blog to your reading list and visit regularly to see what's new on there - and it would be even better if you'd take a minute to leave a comment every now and then!  There's still an Inlinkz gadget so that you can share anything you've made with Funky goodies too - we'd love to see what you're making!

Thanks for visiting - please come back tomorrow when it'll be time for the Daring Cardmakers' March Colour Combo Challenge


3 comments:

Karen said...

Gorgeous Kathy! Love the image and the colours. Your shading looks great D xxx

Angelnorth said...

Looks great Kathy and yes, I can see some shading!

Debbie said...

Another beauty of a card and fab layout.Your digital colouring is brilliant.Great sketch too.Hugs Debbie x