Thursday, December 13, 2012

Colour Pop Mini Baubles

I was busy making my DCM challenge card ready for tomorrow's tricksy dare yesterday and completely forgot to blog this one,
I've used more of the bits left over from last week's DCM and I really like this design.  Why is it that the ideas I'm most pleased with arrive right at the end of the Cword card-making season?  This is almost always the way and the main reason I don't make Christmas cards throughout the year -I know without a doubt it would be a waste of time as I'd hate any that I'd made pre last minute!
The baubles are tiny - only about 1cm diameter, so they are very cute, and the layer of Glossy Accents makes them look so much more real - this would be the part that might prove a bit too time-consuming for making in bulk though
I used:
Distress Inks in various shades to build up the colours on smooth white card
Gold pen, White pen
Glossy Accents.
Gold thread
Black and White card for the panel
Decal sentiment sticker (home made using printable decal paper from Crafty Computer Paper)
Gold Glitter card for stars to secure thread ends
Craft Robo to cut the baubles
EK Success star punch (6 stars in a circle shape)
I've now pretty much run out of cut out bits to use, and there's not much of the inked card left to cut any more - but bearing in mind I only used one A4 sheet for the inky bits I don't think I did badly to get these cards made.  I might be able to squeeze one more if I do some very careful die-cutting!

I'm off to add this to today's Linky on the aCaD blogging group and to the FB group before I forget!


Thanks for visiting, Please come back soon
Don't forget you're welcome to join in with our aCaD Daily Blog roll and leave a link to your crafting HERE

 

5 comments:

Kaz said...

This is so gorgeous Kathy and look at all that white space!!! SO proud of you LOL xxx

Alyx said...

So cute! Lovely CAS card.
xx

Adele said...

Oh, so lovely and fresh and bright!

XXX

Loopylou. said...

oooh Kathy they are fabulous hun! they look so cute and I love the glossy accents
huge hugs Lou xxxx

Hazel said...

Lovely clean and bright card x