Wednesday, May 09, 2012

This and That

My crafting has been a bit lax lately so it's a good time for a bit of a catch up on things I've missed posting, and a quick update on our house refurbishment projects too
I meant to post the third of my Crafty Templates projects last week, but for some reason (I think it may have been the Time Thief's fault, I didn't get round to it (oh, couldn't we all use a round Tuit sometimes?)
I made this using the Tall Cupcakes template from the latest set of templates and papers from the gorgeous Crafty Goodies Kit.
I cut 2 copies of each "topping" section and cut one in a spiral shape. I used glue only on a small section of the spiral so that the rest could "ping" out from the card
I used:
Tall cupcakes template from April Crafty Templates
Papers from the Crafty Goodies Kit
Glossy Accents
Border Punches from EK Success and Martha Stewart

Back in March it was Niece Izzy's 18th birthday - I'm going to blog her card tomorrow, but I thought I'd pop some photos of the ribbony decoration I made to put on top of her gift box, today

I made a length of wrapping paper into a rosette, adhering it onto a piece of card for stability, then added lots of matching seam binding and flowers to make a frothy topper!  The silver spirals are a happy accident - I'd used this floristry wire stuff to hold it all together and was about to tuck all the ends out of sight when I thought I'd see if it was strong enough to hold a spiral shape - it was, and I love the way the silver lifts the rest of the bits and bobs
 All the flowers and ribbons are from the wonderful 
 - an online shop that is "just what it says on the tin!"!

The Building Update Bit:
 Well, after all these months, I'm (very) happy to say that the kitchen is finally finished!  The glass splash-back finally arrived and even fitted ;), and last week the last few bits and pieces were done to the cupboards etc. On Friday the last sockets were fitted and it was all done!
I'm just going to put one photo on here - but if you'd like to see more, then I've put loads of hubby's Kitchen Photo Shoot pics onto a dedicated "Finished Kitchen" board on Pinterest which you can visit by clocking HERE.
There are still jobs to do in the other areas we were altering. As I write, the decorator is busy touching up those bits in the new cloakroom and hallway that needed it and prepping the new hall coats cupboard for painting,  He's also going to be doing some extra painting work we've had time to think of since he was last here - you know how it is with those ever-expanding "jobs to do" lists!  We've ordered a new bookcase for my cookery books, and chosen the new carpets and booked the fitters - all this means that the end is in sight - at least for waving "goodbye" to the various builders, tilers, painters, fitters etc.  I will still have a mountain of stuff to put away before the various rooms regain their proper use after months of being "storage" spaces though.
Actually, it might be nice to get someone in to do that job too.....I wonder if "sorter-outerers" exist?
That's it for now
I just need to find room for the stuff I've dumped on my craft desk and then I can get busy on my crafting to-do list for this week....
Thanks for visiting

7 comments:

Angelnorth said...

Love the springy cupcake toppers and the spring wire accents in the parcel topper - fab stuff! Glad the kitchen is finally there, enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous makes Kathy and an even more gorgeous kitchen!! It looks like a photo in an Ideal Home mag!
xx

Kaz said...

Gorgeous crafty makes Kathy, especially your niece's gift box and you know I love your kitchen and am relieved for you that it's finished xxx

Traceyr said...

The swirls on top of the cakes are a brilliant idea Kathy. :)

Hazel said...

Beautiful rosette. Enjoying all the kitchen photos (seen on FB) - you must be so delighted with it x

Hazel said...

Beautiful rosette. Enjoying all the kitchen photos (seen on FB) - you must be so delighted with it x

Marg said...

Your kitchen looks amazing! It will be such a pleasure to begin to use that space!