Tuesday, April 03, 2012

April Sketch File

It's the first Tuesday of the month, so time for a new  LO idea for April on The Sketch File Blog - I hope you'll pop over there to see the sketch and the projects we are sharing on the firs of this month's posts.  We like to spread the ideas out a bit, so over the coming weeks there will be more pieces appearing there = so do go back regularly to see what's new!

Being a Last Minute Minnie to start with - and having a visit from the BFoP (Bad Fairy of Procrastination) to contend with didn't help one bit.  BUT I was brave and kicked her out of the house and in the end managed not only to do a page for my resurrected mini album, but a card too!  Wow! are you impressed? hehe
We gave ourselves a present for our Wedding Anniversary in July 2010 of a year's membership of the National Trust - the mini album is supposed to be a record of all the NT places we visited during that year. I'm doing (sort of) ok with the photo pages ( if you call still working on it a quarter of the way through 2012, "doing ok"), but the facing page for each LO is supposed to be more of a journal entry about the place - and I'm really, really behind with those.
For this page we're in Yorkshire visiting Beningborough House during our stay at the gorgeous English Heritage holiday cottage which is part of beautiful Mount Grace Priory.
 I used:
April sketch from The Sketch File Blog
Bazzill card for base page
All papers Bo Bunny Weekend Market 6x6 pad (Charmed Cards and Crafts)
Narrow green organza Ribbon, Blue Brads
EK Success Moroccan Lace border punch
Circle punch
Lettering cut with Craft Robo

This was my first dip into my new Bo Bunny papers - they looked so gorgeous that I bought the 12x12 set as well ooops! At the same time I felt compelled (as you do!) to invest in the Graphic 45 8x8 "Olde Curiosity Shoppe" pad too. It's a lovely "Steampunky" sort of pad with lots of collage effect papers plus lovely vintage designs and great colours - flicking through it was enough to get me cutting and sticking again!

 I used:
April sketch from The Sketch File Blog
All papers; Graphic 45 "Olde Curiosity Shoppe"  8x8 pad
Narrow brown/cream gingham ribbon
MS border punch
2 x Circle punches

I really enjoyed making this card - I like using papers, and bits of the designs on them collage-style.  It's often more interesting and more personal to build up your own designs using elements from several papers.
I'm thinking I might add a bit more to this card and make it into more of a collage picture - some flowers maybe, and some more ribbon.....maybe some good old steampunk cogs....

Anyway, thanks for visiting, please come back soon

2 comments:

Angelnorth said...

Fab cards, looks like you'll have fun with the Graphic 45 papers! Not been tempted by the matching stamp sets, then?!

Kaz said...

I love what you've made using the sketch Kathy. Those papers are quite different from your usual funkiness, but I really like them.
I probably wouldn't even have got as far as you with the book! xxx