Friday, December 16, 2011

Spots,Stripes, Wonky Trees and some Parcels!

 Not a happy bunny to wake up to see my garden covered with snow.  At least hubby isn't driving to the office today, but my folks are due down from Northumberland during the week and I know my uncle will be getting into a right old state about the drive.  Fingers crossed it goes away before they are due to travel.
For this week's challenge on The Daring Cardmakers, Keilly has asked to see
Spots and Stripes 
- phew! there's a nice simple one to do in the middle of all the last minute Christmas panic, I thought.  So why was it that at 3pm yesterday afternoon I still hadn't a clue what to do?
Until then it was always going to be another Christmas card, but I just couldn't think what to do.  So I changed tack completely and decided that I might just be able to do a "two birds with one stone" and make my card work for a 90th birthday card order that's just arrived and needs to be with my customer quite soon.
To make life easier the obvious paper choice was one of the MME 6x6 pads and the one that leapt out was the gorgeous "Sunshine" set from the Lost and Found collection.  What a breath of fresh air after all the Christmassy stuff!
I might still tweak this a bit and add some pieces of pearl or crystal spray above the big flower as that bit looks a tad bare.
As well as the spots and stripes papers in this pad there's also some manuscript paper which works beautifully for the lady concerned as my customer told me she has been their Church organist for many years
Materials:
All papers: MME "Sunshine"6x6 pad from the "Lost and Found" series
Gorgeous daisy lace and Brown Seam Binding from Creative Treasures
Handmade large rose and coiled roses,
Brown flatback pearls, Yellow dewdrops, Crystal Ice Stickles
Tools
Spellbinders Nesties Lables die, EK Success edging punch
I'm hoping that I now have enough Christmas cards for everyone on my list.  I've been really slow at getting them all written out and in the post this year but I'm going to try and get the rest done and into the post today.  It will be such a relief when they are gone and I can get on with everything else.
I feel as if I've been in a Christmas card Bubble for the last couple of weeks - it's fine once I get stuck in to making them but the writing and labelling and posting seems to take forever - after a while even writing my own name seems difficult to do!

Here are a couple of photos of more Christmas cards
 I made a new version of my good old Wonky Tree design this year; using my Craft Robo to cut them out instead of scissors meant I could have a slightly more intricate shape
The parcels are another of my own Craft Robo templates
Papers are from one of last year's Bo Bunny sets
 More Craft Robo parcels, this time using non-Christmas papers (just because I felt like it) - Echo Park's "Times and Seasons"
The kitchen man is coming to do the proper survey ahead of the actual work starting in January (eek!) this morning, but I'm going to get some cards written out while I'm waiting for him to arrive.  I am not going to browse the internet.  I'm not, I'm not!
Have a great day, stay warm

8 comments:

Annie said...

What a lot of really fab cards.
Hugs,
A x
ps I am looking for votes for my fav poppy pic so if you would like to support me then please pop over to my blog and follow the links. Thanks x

Rika said...

Beautiful,
it's wonderful card for a 90yo lady!

Angelnorth said...

Lovely sunny-looking birthday card, fab job! We have a little sprinkle of snow too, not much yet and hope it stays that way!

Kaz said...

Kathy I love that DCM card - it's so bright and cheerful on such a manky day!! I think it's perfect as is.
Those Christmas cards are gorgeous too, especially the detail on the wonky trees.
I'm so excited for you with your new kitchen - it will be worth all the upheaval xxx

Oscar said...

Beautiful 90th birthday card, I love those MME papers too!

I'm still trying to finish my Christmas cards this weekend and love how your's look. x

Janice said...

Pretty card Kathy and I like the candle cards, those wonky trees are, I know, an old favourite of yours!

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Beautiful cards, love the colour scheme on the first one
Lindsay xx

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

That's a gorgeous card, I think your customer is going to be really happy! I love the colour scheme. I also love your Christmas cards - the gold on those pressies looks wonderful x