Friday, May 27, 2011

Chic Shoes

It's a BIG week for us over on the Daring Cardmakers
We have prizes!  woohoo! 
Three sets of stamps from a brand new sponsor: "Imagine That..." - who sell both from their shop in Upminster, Essex and their online shop - lots of lovely goodies to be discovered, so please take a look. We'll do the draw at the end of this week's challenge and announce the winners next week.
Our Design Team Call-Out:
 in the end we found choosing just two new teamies from all those fantastic crafters who applied was totally beyond us - so we asked FOUR - and you can find out who the Fab 4 are on the blog today - we've put them to work already on this week's dare. Poor Sharon is stuck miles away from her crafty stash till this evening - so her card will appear just as soon as she's able to get the glue out - so don't forget to check in a day or two.
Zuzana's very first Dare:
For her first go at setting the dare Zuzana  has come up with a wonderful idea which we're sure will be a bit hit with all our darers:
"A Passion for Fashion"

We've got bags, dresses, hats and shoes and a wonderful array of things used to make them - we hope you'll like what the Team have made and you'll feel inspired to join in.

I've made some new shoes - well one shoe to be more precise:
This isn't the shoe I started out making but nothing new there!  If you think you've seen something like this before it may be because it's the same template I used a while back for a shoe card.  I changed the style of the shoe for the card I started to make (it's still a "work in progress" on my desk), but when that wasn't going well I started again using the original shape.  I love the shape of this shoe though so it was good to play with it again.

I used:
Black card for base, MME "Stella and Rose"papers in both 12x12 and 6x6 sizes
The shaped card base and all the paper layers were cut using my Craft Robo (Please contact me if you'd like a copy of this template) 
Turquoise Seam Binding  for ruffles, bow and rosette from Creative Treasures
Handmade "concertina" rosette made from narrow strip of paper
Acrylic and bead flower from stash, 2mm silver gems from Anita's Gem Wheel
Tassels made from scraps of paper -see my card for last month's Get Funky! challenge HERE for how to make them.

I really enjoyed making this and I'd really rather like some real shoes like these - but maybe with a bit lower heel!  I'll get the other card finished soon and blog it later.
Please head over to the DCM BLOG and see our Runway Collection for this season!  We'd love you to join in and show your fashion style this week.



Just before I go, here's one of two projects I've made using the May LO on The Sketch File - there's a prize up for grabs atm and you can find out more about that, and see work from Jackie and Lynda using the May sketch on our BLOG

Layout idea from The Sketch File
Fancy Pants "Beach Bum" 6x6 papers
Punched circles in a tarmac coloured grey card,
Craft Robo used to cut sentiment and the little cars (left over from last week's DCM!)

I think that's enough waffle for this time, hope you like what you see here and will visit again soon



Other Challenges:
Little Claires - Shaped cards

Inspire Me Fridays  Anything Goes

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that shoe is gorgeous Kathy!

Lythan said...

this is faaaaabuloud darling! I adore the ribbon trim on the top of the boot. (Mind you its just as well its paper as I wouldn't be able to walk on heels like that!)

Natty said...

Oooh you know how I love a bit of ribbon ruffle - this is just fab, and the pearls and bling are the perfect finishing touch!

Lynda said...

That is one FAB shoe Kathy although I'd have big trouble wearing killer heels like that! A great take on your Waffle Sketch too!

Love Lynda xxx

Leo said...

Super delish card Kathy! Love the colours and they'd defo make fab real shoes! :)
xx Leo

Zuzana Obert said...

Oooooh Kathy, I have never seen such a stylish and beautiful card before. This boot is a real jewel! Tell us are you not working for Dior or Gucci?

(hug) Zuz. x x

Kaz said...

That shoe is lovely Kathy and the colour is just gorgeous! xxx

Oscar said...

Such a fun card, and in my favourite colour too! The little tassles are so cute. x

Anonymous said...

wow thats totally stunning Kathy - you must have some patience to create this.

Dolly Mixtures said...

There is just so much detail in this lovely shoe card. Love those tassels and the ruffled front.

Angelnorth said...

Fab projects (although, like you, I'd opt for a lower heel - lol!). Love the little cars going round in circles!

purple_pea_fran said...

They are an impressive pair of booties! Colours amazing, a fave of mine too. Love the cute tassle too. Fran x

Janice said...

Love that shoe, Kathy!

Creative Treasures said...

Such a fab shoe, I would love a pair like that :), love the tassle and the seam binding is perfect along the top.

Tracy
x

Karen said...

WOW! that shoe is fabulous Kathy!!! x

Chris said...

Wow, what a fabulous shoe. Love the colours and the seam binding.

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Wowsers, what a fabulous shoe, love it!

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

Fantastic card - a brilliant idea and I just love all the little details you've added like the tassels and ruffles.

Hazel said...

Gorgeous - fab-u-lous! And I like the sketch (must add it to my to-do list) x

Kate said...

Fab shoe Kathy, I can just see you in a pair of those!!

** Kate **

Jackie said...

Fab shoe Mrs (my mother would love that!!)

You are such an inspiration :)

Unknown said...

OMG - love love love the shoe - all those delish embellies on it are so scrummy - a fabby one.

Paula x x x