Ok, so it's an album really but that didn't rhyme so well :) or at all!
I decided that maybe the way to kick-start my crafting mojo was to do something other than a card, so I've made this album - or at least the cover for it. Whether any of the pages get used remains to be seen, but I enjoyed putting this together so I hope I'll manage to do something with it. Just don't hold your breath.
Actually the design for this is something I've been meaning to do ever since I "drew" the current Sketch File sketch. I thought it would lend itself really well to a book with a wrap around closure.
I've another idea for using the sketch too, so with a bit of luck I might even get round to making that too before the new sketch is due up.
Incidentally, if you have time, please pop over to The Sketch File
and see what Jackie and Lynda have made with the same sketch - and we'd love it if you'd join in and make something using the LO too. There's no "closing time" on the sketches so pick any of them that appeal and see what you can make - leave a link and we'll add it to our sidebar and come to see what you've made.
So, back to this album. I made the wrap around flap nice and wide so that if I want to make my pages bulky it should still fasten nicely. I may have to change the Bind-it-All wires it'll do for now.
As you can see there's no title - that's because I've made loads of things like this in the past - full of grand plans for what will go inside - then two pages later (if it's lucky enough to get that far) it's gathering dust on the shelf, so I'm not committing myself to anything hehehe.
I have, however added some card pages all ready for action.....the pages are big enough for 6"x6" layouts or photos.
I made the rosette decoration with layers of organza ribbon, lace and a couple of gorgeous flowers. The ribbon is about 4cms wide and navy blue. The lace started off white, but I sponged it over with ink to get a better matching colour - it's gathered already and has a bound edge, but I ran a thread through the binding to pull it into a tighter shape. One of the two flowers was already this perfect orange colour, the other is a soft creamy-beige but I gave the petals a bit of orange ink to pull the two together.
To make this album I used:
Cereal packet chipboard, Bo Bunny papers, MS edging punch
Lace, flowers and some ribbons from Creative Treasures
Faux brads, Chipboard photo corner, Large eyelets for ribbon closure,
Bind-it-All tool and wire, Glossy Accents,
Bazzill card in toning colours for pages
Layout; The Sketch File
Thanks for looking, I hope you like what you found here and will come back soon :)