Thursday, June 21, 2007

Sheepdog

Thought I'd have a quick round-up of bits and bobs I've made lately and not blogged

First up, I made a right old mess of my desk.
The first photo shows it when it's (fairly) tidy, the one on the right shows what it looked like yesterday morning.

So obviously I had to have a bit of a clear up before I could actually do anything - for a start, I couldn't even find the projects I was working on - which didn't help get them finished.


Remember I mentioned I'd made another card for Lythan's (Em)boss dare, which I mucked up?

I thought I'd show you anyway so you could have a laugh. It started off well enough, I used a gel pen to doodle all the flowers, swirls and lines and then heat-embossed the doodles with gold powder. I was fairly happy with the doodled lettering and the flowers too, but when I espied the souffle pens sitting on the desk it started to go pear-shaped! The colours just looked horrible so I tried to make them look better by adding ordinary gelly roll ink - but it just made it worse. Not content with that little mess, I had the idea that Glossy Accents would make it all right again. NO No NO! Ah well, you live and learn.

I needed a bit of a confidence boost after that so I went back to my Black and White comfort zone and made the polka dot card with the pink embossed scribble flowers on it which is shown on my posting of last Friday. Mind you I doubt stamping will ever really be in my comfort zone!

We've completed the ^x^cm decorated squares swap over on Bubbly Funk. Everyone chose their own theme and we all made one square for each of the group. here are the squares I made:
the themes were, from Left to right:
row 1; Pretty in Pastes, Hearts, Nature, Flowers
row 2; Sea Life, Indian, Teddies, Seaside
row 3; Seasons, Something Soft, Defining Colours, Pastels

My thene was Pretty in Pastels and these are the fab little pieces of art I received, I was going to put them in a maze book I 'd already made but I'm now thinking of making another one especially for them and using the other one for something else. Well, any excuse to make another maze book is fine by me!
The squares are all so gorgeous, Thank you to Caroline, Di O, Di W, Rosie, Lynne, Carol, Chris, Chris A, Beth, Karen and Kaz for all the work you put in on them, I love them all.
Every single themed set looked really lovely once they were all put together. I really enjoyed doing this swap, it's amazing how much you can do on such a small square of card!

I made this baby card earlier in the week, it's pretty simple, but I'm quite pleased with it. The blue is Bazzill Bling so has a lovely sheen to it. I really like a blue and white colour scheme, it always looks nice and crisp. So while I was in the zone I did this one too
The paper came free in a lucky dip pack with a magazine - I thought it was the usual sort of stuff that I tend not to use, but actually it was all really nice quality and this spotty one is fab. The flowers are a Bosskutz "medium flower" die and the stamp came with a Self Addressed kit a few months ago.

Sympathy cards - they are never easy, bu we all have to make them sometimes, this one has paper from the BG Perhaps pad, and some tiny mulberry rosebuds.

5 comments:

mum-on-the-run said...

Blimey, your cards are all gorgeous, including the one you "mucked up", it looks fab to me!!

The decorated squares are all fab, the ones you made and the ones you received. Great idea to put them in a maze book too.

Angelnorth said...

Argh - the web just ate my comment!

Love the blue cards - they both look lovely. The paper you've used for the sympathy card is lovely too, soft and calm.

Anonymous said...

love the cards Kathy. Had a giggle at teh desk as thats what mien looked liekd before I decluttered.
The pastel sqaures look way cool.

Kaz said...

Your cards are gorgeous Kathy. I wouldn't mind helping you to tidy your craft space - I have a good home for some of your bits, and they'll be very happy with me!

Sarah said...

Great cards Kathy!

I'm so glad to see I'm not the only one who makes a mess when they make cards! LOL!